May 24, 2024  
2021 - 2022 Adler Catalog 
2021 - 2022 Adler Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Canadian Financial Aid

Student loans offered by the Canadian government help students pay for their post-secondary education. Canadian students (including permanent residents, landed immigrants, and protected persons) apply for loans through their home province or territory.

Government student loans take into consideration many factors, including:

  • Income and assets
  • Tuition, mandatory fees, and book costs
  • Living expenses

University Information for Loan Applications

  • University Code: APRY
  • Program Code for MACP: WAG5
  • Program Code for MCP: XCZ5
  • Program Code for MCP/MACP-SY: WAG6
  • Program Code for MAIOP/MIOP: ZID5
  • Program Code for MPPA: WFJ5
  • Program Code for PSYD: XCZ6

Course Load Information

Students must be enrolled in six credits of course work in order to apply for a full time student loan. A six-credit course load would be equivalent to 60%  Students in clinical practicum, internship, thesis, and dissertation also meet the minimum for full time status. To stay eligible for loan or grant funding students must attend school full time for the entire period for which they have received funding.

Students from British Columbia

StudentAid BC provides assistance in the form of Canada Student Loans or a combination of Canada Student Loans, B.C. Student Loans, and possibly grant funding. The amount and type of assistance awarded is based on need as assessed by the Provincial Authority. It takes approximately six weeks to process a student loan application. Students are therefore advised to apply early. Submitting online applications can speed up the approval process. Students are reminded that this is an assistance program aimed at complementing, not replacing, their own financial resources. To be eligible for StudentAid BC student loan funding, students must be registered for 60 percent of a full course load (see curriculum sequence for your program), or 40 percent for students with permanent disabilities.

How to Apply

Students from British Columbia can apply online through to be considered for federal and provincial loans and grant funding.

Students Outside British Columbia

Students from a province or territory other than British Columbia are eligible to receive government student loan assistance, but they must apply through their home province.

How Much Loan Funding Will I Receive?

The amount of funding you receive depends on the financial information you submit in your online application. After you have submitted your application, you will receive a notice of assessment. This assessment will tell you how much funding you are eligible for and when you will receive it.

Grants, Scholarships, and Other Financial Supports

There are many programs available that can help with the cost of post- secondary education. For a list of eligible programs please visit or inquire through your home province.

International Students - Vancouver Campus

International students attending the Vancouver Campus are not eligible for Canadian federal or provincial student loans. However, international students are eligible to work off campus through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) off-campus work permit program. For more information about this program, please visit