Apr 20, 2024  
2022 - 2023 Adler Catalog 
2022 - 2023 Adler Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Undergraduate Admission Policies and Procedures


Adler University`s Online Campus employs a rolling admission process for all start dates and programs. We accept applications at all times throughout the year. Applicants will be notified of admission to an Adler University program by the Office of Admissions. 

Admitted applicants who do not matriculate at their intended start date may be able to defer their admission to the next start date. A deferment request, and the deferment fee must be submitted no later than the first day of the term to be eligible for review. Admitted applicants can only defer once for one term only. Applicants who defer admission but do not matriculate, must reapply for admission as outlined in the Application Process (Online Campus section) of the current catalog. Contact the Office of Admissions with questions about the deferral process. 

The Office of Admissions does not maintain student files for applicants who do not enroll by their intended start date. 

Students-at-Large / Non-Degree Seeking 

Students who wish to take classes for personal pursuit not related to a degree program at Adler University, or qualified graduate students and mental health professionals, may be admitted as students-at-large/non-degree seeking (SAL/NDS). Qualified professionals may take courses as SAL/NDS students for continuing education credit or for professional enrichment, as long as they meet the minimum eligibility for admission. Students enrolled at other accredited institutions bear the responsibility of verifying with their home institutions whether Adler courses will be transferrable and accepted for credit. 

Applicants seeking to take graduate level courses must submit a completed application, a statement of intent, a resume or curriculum vitae, and official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions. Applicants seeking to take undergraduate courses must submit a completed application and official transcripts from all degree granting institutions. Applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Department and prospective students will not be allowed to register until they have been approved. 

If admitted as SAL/NDS, a student may complete a maximum of nine graduate credits and a maximum of 18 undergraduate credits within one academic year and must comply with all prerequisites and course requirements as given in the Adler University Catalog. 

SAL/NDS students will have to obtain approval for each course before they are able to register. Graduates of Adler University who are approved as SAL/NDS may take up to 18 graduate credits within one academic year. SAL/NDS students are not eligible for financial aid and may not enroll in courses that are reserved for students fully admitted to particular degree programs. Appropriate courses taken for credit may apply toward completing a degree for SAL/NDS. Successful completion of coursework, however, does not guarantee admission to a degree or certificate program. A student-at-large whose application to a degree or certificate program has been denied may not enroll in further courses or continue as a student-at-large. 

Because students-at-large taking graduate level coursework are limited to nine credit hours of coursework within one academic year and students-at-large taking undergraduate level coursework are limited to 18, persons who plan to pursue a degree or certificate program should apply for admission at the earliest opportunity. Students-at-large who have completed nine graduate credit hours of courses, or 18 undergraduate hours of courses may not register for additional courses until they have been formally admitted to a degree or certificate program. Those who seek admission to a degree or certificate program within one year of completing their last course as SAL/NDS will be required to submit a new application for the program for which they are applying and any additional necessary documentation. 

Changing or Adding Programs 

Students or alumni of a bachelor’s degree program who want to apply to apply for an MA or Ph.D. program will be required to reapply and must have a conferred BA degree prior to matriculation. Graduate students may apply to change from one Adler University Online Campus master’s degree program to another by submitting the appropriate application forms. Students must satisfy admission requirements in effect at the time of application to the new program. Acceptance into, and/or successful completion of one degree program does not guarantee admission to another program.